1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store?
3. A metal container to carry a meal in?
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people?
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. Shoes worn for sports?
13. Putting a room in order?
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark?
15. The little creature (arthropod) that curls up into a ball?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
17. How do you eat your pizza? [No, I don't know what that has to do with it]
18. When private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
19. The evening meal?
20. The children's game where one person has the task of catching any other whereupon they are given the same task?
3. Never used a metal container. Guess the local equivalent is a plastic lunchbox
4. frying pan
5. sofa, very occasionally I'll say settee
7. umm, not covered, but I'd assume patio is what's intended here
8. fizzy drink
9. I assume this is aiming for pancake. But generally that's not a breakfast food for me.
11. trunks or shorts
14. firefly (dunno if I ever saw one though)
15. slater. And when the English around me go 'huh?' I correct myself to say woodlouse
17. Depends. If I'm eating with my parents then I'd use a knife and fork. If I'm not, I'll pick up the slice and eat it from the point to the crust.
18. I assume that car boot sale is the cultural equivalent. But instead of having it at your own house (which the question implies) you take your stuff (in your car boot) to a particular place which is advertising a car boot sale and set up there to sell stuff. Often out of the boot of the car, too.
19. Supper. And when people look at me and go 'huh?' I correct myself to dinner coz you're all plebs who don't know the real names for meals :P